If you’re thinking about granting another party with a license to use your brand name or intellectual property, a professionally written document is the way to go. Choose one of our experienced lawyers to draft a Licensing Agreement that is compliant with the law.
When you’re expanding your business and breaking into new markets, it can be cost-effective to share your brand name, trademark, intellectual property or patented technology with another person or business.
To make this partnership work, it is highly recommended that both parties sign a licensing agreement. This contract will legally allow the licensee to use and earn revenue from your service/product or intellectual property as you see your brand and reputation protected.
If you’re a business owner trying to make more sales or have a patented technology to expand, for instance, and you’re granting a license to another party know that this is the path to follow – having a fool-proof licensing agreement drafted by an experienced lawyer.
The license agreement creates healthy boundaries between you and your licensee and clearly sets out the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both parties, including the terms of usage.
Before hiring a lawyer for this service, please have in mind:
- This service is only for drafting a licensing agreement.
- If you have received a licensing agreement that you would like a lawyer to review before you sign, please see our service for reviewing documents.
- If you’d like a lawyer to review your existing licensing agreement to advise on its effectiveness, please consult the service for reviewing documents.
What you will get from this service
A 60-minute consultation with your lawyer to align objectives. You’ll discuss:
- The terms of usage, including the time period and geographical regions within which the licensee can use your property.
- Whether it’s an exclusive or non-exclusive agreement
- Payment terms
- Your objectives
- Your specific questions about the agreement
You’ll receive a professionally drafted licensing agreement to use between your company and a specified licensee.
What will this enable you to do
What happens after I hire a lawyer?
25 years experience across
Not sure what you’re looking for? Let us match you with a legal advisor