GDPR Audit and Consultation
Data protection regulations can seem overwhelming. Your business must comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018, which is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If your business uses personal data, you have to follow strict rules relating to the handling of that data.
With an experienced professional on your side, you demonstrate compliance with the regulations and you have external reassurance that your polices, guidelines and procedures meet the requirements of data protection legislation.
Speak to our lawyers about conducting a thorough audit of your systems, to highlight if or where your business is non-compliant, or where you could improve your processes.
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer to align objectives. You’ll discuss:
- The way in which your business handles data
- Any specific questions or concerns you have about your current processes
- The information your lawyer needs to conduct the audit
- A thorough audit and gap analysis of your business’s compliance with UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- An audit report highlighting areas of non-compliance and risk exposure
- A 60-minute consultation to discuss the findings of the audit. Your lawyer will make recommendations to rectify non-compliance and minimise your risks.
What this service will enable you to do
You will be able to improve the way you handle personal data to keep your clients’ data safe and secure. You demonstrate compliance with data protection legislation and you reduce your risk of incurring potentially substantial fines from the regulator ( the Information Commissioner’s Office, ICO).
What happens after I hire a lawyer?
You send your lawyer proof of ID and address and your lawyer checks for conflicts. You send any relevant documentation to your lawyer. Your lawyer send you a client engagement letter to sign and return.
2. Personal Consultation
Choose between a phone, online or face-to-face meeting with your lawyer
3. Draft documentation
Your lawyer sends you a draft version of the document for you to review
4. Revisions and approval
You review the draft, provide comments if necessary, and request revisions. Your lawyer will provide you with another iteration, incorporating your changes as far as possible. Once you’re happy with the document, you approve the final version.
5. Leave a review of your Experience
Leave a review for Legal Drop and your lawyer