Trademark Search and Registration
Protect your brand by registering your trademark. With a registered trademark you prevent other businesses from using your mark and benefitting from the goodwill you’ve created in your brand. Your trademark can also be a valuable asset to your business, which can increase your revenue, and increase the value of your brand if you sell the business. A UK trademark registration can last forever, but it must be renewed every 10 years. Our lawyers can carry out the necessary searches for you and register your trademark in the UK.
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer. You’ll discuss:
- Your business and the trademark you want to register
- Any specific questions you have about trademark registration
- The key documents your lawyer needs from you
- Extensive searches of similar marks
- Choosing the right class for the application
- Filing a trademark registration in the UK
What this service will enable you to do
With your trademark registered, you:
- Prevent others using your mark and profiting from your brand and reputation.
- Protect your business by controlling and limiting the use of your mark.
- Are able to make a claim for ‘passing off’ if another company tries to use your mark, or a mark that is very similar to yours.
- Have an asset that increases the revenue of your business – you can collect royalties from it or use it as security for a loan in some circumstances.
- Have some protection against counterfeiting.