Have you got an invention that you’d like to protect? Or do you need to use a patented idea as part of your invention?
Our lawyers can conduct a search of registered patents for you. You’ll find out if a similar patent to your invention already exists. Alternatively, ask our lawyers to see if a patent is available to license.
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer. You’ll discuss:
- Your business and the invention you are seeking to patent
- Your goals and objectives for patenting your invention, or seeking to license a patented invention
- The key documents your lawyer needs from you
- Extensive searches of published patent applications and registered patents at the Intellectual Property Office.
- A summary email setting out the findings of the lawyer’s search and how the findings impact your objectives.
What this service will enable you to do
With a patent search, you will be able to :
- Check if a similar patent to your invention already exists
- Track the progress of a published patent application
- See if patents are available to licence
What happens after I hire a lawyer?
You send your lawyer proof of ID and address and your lawyer checks for conflicts. You send any relevant documentation to your lawyer. Your lawyer send you a client engagement letter to sign and return.
2. Personal Consultation
Choose between a phone, online or face-to-face meeting with your lawyer
3. Draft documentation
Your lawyer sends you a draft version of the document for you to review
4. Revisions and approval
You review the draft, provide comments if necessary, and request revisions. Your lawyer will provide you with another iteration, incorporating your changes as far as possible. Once you’re happy with the document, you approve the final version.
5. Leave a review of your Experience
Leave a review for Legal Drop and your lawyer