Patent Application and Registration
Protect your invention with a patent. A UK patent will provide you with a legal course of action if anybody tries to use your invention without your permission
A UK patent lasts for 5 years. You can renew it every year if you want it to remain in force, but the maximum time that it is in force is 20 years.
Our lawyers can carry give you the necessary advice and assistance to apply for a patent and file it with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer. You’ll discuss:
- The invention you want to patent
- Any specific questions you have about applying for a UK patent
- The key documents your lawyer needs from you
- Written advice on whether or not your invention is capable of patenting
- Preparation of detailed documents that describe your invention
- Filing your application documents with the Intellectual Property Office
- Monitoring of the patent application and notification of updates
- Amendments to your application based on the IPO’s recommendations
What this service will enable you to do
With a UK patent registered, you can take legal action against someone who uses your invention without your permission
What happens after I hire a lawyer?
You send your lawyer proof of ID and address and your lawyer checks for conflicts. You send any relevant documentation to your lawyer. Your lawyer send you a client engagement letter to sign and return.
2. Personal Consultation
Choose between a phone, online or face-to-face meeting with your lawyer
3. Draft documentation
Your lawyer sends you a draft version of the document for you to review
4. Revisions and approval
You review the draft, provide comments if necessary, and request revisions. Your lawyer will provide you with another iteration, incorporating your changes as far as possible. Once you’re happy with the document, you approve the final version.
5. Leave a review of your Experience
Leave a review for Legal Drop and your lawyer