When your business is growing and you’re ready to take on new staff, you’ll need a clear, professionally drafted employment contract for each of your new hires. All new members of staff must receive an employment contract on or before their start date, so you need a contract to hand that you can tailor to your employee before they begin. Our lawyers will draft a template employment contract for you, which ensures that your business is compliant with HR law.
What you will get from this service
A 60-minute consultation with your lawyer. You’ll discuss:
- The precedent contract your lawyer will use as a starting point for your employment contracts. Your lawyer will walk you through the clauses and discuss how to tailor it to your business.
- Company-specific policies that you may want to include in your contract, such as; enhanced sick pay, bonuses, commission, homeworking, incentive schemes and benefits
- The level of seniority this template will cover. If you need template contracts for higher levels of seniority, your lawyer can provide that as a separate service for a fixed fee.
- Your specific questions about the contract
- The key information your lawyer needs from you to draft the agreement
What this service will enable you to do
- You can hire new staff, with the confidence that you have a legally binding document that sets out the relationship and expectations between the employee and your business.
- You’ll have a template contract that you can personalise to each of your new employees by inserting their personal details, their role, their working pattern and their salary.
- Your business will be protected by restricted covenants, so that when an employee leaves they cannot poach your clients or customers.