Before working with an influencer, it is important to outline a contract that settles some rules and protects your brand. To draft an influencer agreement, hiring one of our experienced lawyers may be the best option for you. An influencer agreement will formalise the relationship between your business and the influencer, whatever the social media or field they are advertising on. Under this agreement, an influencer agrees to post promotional material about a company’s product or service in return for payment, or payment in kind by way of products or services. It will also protect your brand reputation. With an experienced lawyer, your influencer agreement will be drafted specifically to your business, your industry and having your context in mind. Before hiring one of our lawyers for this service, keep in mind:
- This service is for business owners who need an influencer agreement to regulate the relationship between their business and a social media influencer.
- This agreement will not be a template that covers options for a range of different influencers across different platforms.
- If you have received an influencer agreement that you would like a lawyer to review before you sign, please see our service for reviewing documents.
- If you’d like a lawyer to review your existing influencer agreement to advise on its effectiveness, please consult the service for reviewing documents
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer to align objectives, where you’ll discuss:
- The concrete goals you hope to achieve by engaging an influencer
- The ideal relationship you’d like to have with the influencer, including the regularity and content of their posts.
- Payment terms for the influencer.
- The guidelines and regulations you want your influencer to adhere to.
- The extent of the protection provided by the influencer agreement.
- Any specific questions you have.
- Any information your lawyer needs from you to draft the influencer agreement.
- Receive a professionally drafted influencer agreement to use with one specified named influencer.
- A tailored contract drafted for your business and for the influencer you’ll be working with.
What this service will enable you to do
- You will have a formal, legal contract that clarifies each party’s role, rights, obligations, and responsibilities.
- Clarify that both parties understand what is expected of them under the influencer agreement.
- Have a legal recourse if the influencer breaches the agreement or posts material that is harmful to your brand.
- Protect your business if the influencer’s post breaches advertising standards and regulations.