Asset Purchase Agreement (Buyer)
Are you looking to buy a company? It can be surprising how much paperwork is involved in legally transferring ownership, and, understandably, it may get overwhelming! But don’t let that stop you. With an experienced lawyer on your side you can feel secure in your purchase and continue your entrepreneurial journey without worry. Our lawyers will draft your documents, negotiate with the seller and keep you up-to-date along the way. You can proceed with transaction with peace of mind that you have a legal representative acting in your best interests.
What you will get from this service
- A 30-minute consultation with your lawyer to align objectives
- Drafting and negotiating heads of terms
- Reviewing the confidentiality agreement
- Conducting legal due diligence and preparing a short report highlighting the risks
- Negotiations with the seller and / or the seller’s representatives
- An asset purchase agreement: First draft and revisions
- Reviewing and advising on the contents of the disclosure letter received from the seller
- Drafting ancillary documents such as: resolutions, board minutes, instruments of transfer
- Post-completion matters: updating and filing documents at Companies House, the Land Registry (if required), and HMRC.
- Ad-hoc calls and emails with the seller / the seller’s representatives
- Ad-hoc calls and emails with you
What this service will enable you to do
This service is a comprehensive legal representation for your transaction. Once you’ve found a business you want to buy, your lawyer will prepare and negotiate the documents you need to transfer legal ownership. At completion, the business assets will be transferred to you from the seller.